Gator dust Bond : How a great polymeric jointing sand became even more efficient
Gator Dust Bond, like its big brother, Super Sand bond, is a jointing sand that uses the bonding properties of polymers. The main difference is in the size of the primary materials, stone dust versus sand. Gator dust bond base material is stone dust, much finer than regular jointing sand. It is designed to stabilize wider paver joints than polymeric sand. Depending on the paving stone design or job specifications, Gator Dust polymeric stone dust will be your very best choice to secure pavers in place for years, and prevent sprouting or soil erosion.
Polymeric Stone Dust from Alliance Designer Products
- NATURAL STONE PATIOS
- NATURAL STONE WALKWAYS
- YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT TO GET PROFESSIONAL RESULTS
- SWEEP IT IN THE JOINTS, SPRAY A MIST OF WATER AND YOU'RE DONE
- PRODUCT WORKS AT ABOVE 15°C (59°F)
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TYPES OF NATURAL STONES
- GATOR DUST BOND IS IDEAL FOR JOINTS THAT ARE A MINIMUM OF 9.5MM (3/8") TO A MAXIMUM OF 100MM (4") WIDE
FOR JOINTS 1/2" TO 4"
ADVANTAGES OVER CEMENT JOINTS:
- SWEEP POLYMERIC DUST IN JOINTS (NO TROWELLING)
- NATURAL STONE FINISH ON SURFACE (UNLIKE WHITE CEMENT JOINT)
Polymeric Stone Dust is recommended for a variety of uses, including pool sides, patios, foot paths, etc… Natural stones have to be installed on drainage bed systems: maximum of 1" (2.5 cm) of sand or stone dust, plus a minimum of 5" (12.5 cm) of crushed stone.
GATOR DUST COVERAGE
The quantity required depends on the shape and size of the natural stones as well as the width of the joints. 22.7 kg (50 lbs) of this product will cover between 1.86 and 2.79 square meters (20 to 30 square feet) if the joints are about 2.5 to 5 cm (1" to 2") wide and the natural stones are about 5 to 6 cm (2" to 2-1/2") thick.
PLEASE NOTE : Gator Dust Bond hardens like concrete and will crack if the crushed stone base has movement.
NEVER USE POLYMERIC STONE DUST WHEN PAVERS ARE INSTALLED ON A CONCRETE SLAB. GATOR DUST BOND MIGHT LEAVE A WHITE RESIDUE IF USED ON CONCRETE PRODUCTS.
Other fine construction materials from Alliance Designer Products
- Supersand Bond - Polymeric Sand
- Gator Block Bond - Polyurethane concrete adhesive
- Gator Nails - 10" Common nails & Spiral Nails, 12" Common Nails